My Life As A Princess

Okay, I'm not really a princess but it's definitely a close call. This blog is a product of love. Everybody should know about the cool things in life and sometimes also about the not-so-cool.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Birthdays & Holidays: More Spain, Some Hip Hop

Labor Day Weekend was marked by two birthdays and an extra day of fun (not that my job isn't fun *wink*). So I partied, ate, slept and attempted to get a tan. Here's the summary.

Birthday One: Sirena By The Beach

S wanted to party by the beach for her birthday and we gave her what she asked for. We chose Sangria in Hermosa Beach since it serves dinner and then transforms into a club with 2 DJ's and delicious sangria.

I was impressed with the food, one of my friends ordered a paella rich in flavor and pretty in appearance. I had a tapas sampler consisting of garlic fried shrimp, duck sausage in Spanish broth, toast topped with a Spanish-influenced artichoke spinach dip and calamari. Their sangria was served in a pitcher with glasses of fruit brought to you on the side.

After eating, we lingered by our table until the DJ finished setting up, we then moved to the dance floor where we moved our bodies to hip beats until last call, the sad time when all party goers must go home!




Birthday Two: Some Favorites & Hip Hop Attire

For C's birthday, his two best friends and I gathered at one of my favorite places for Mexican food: Gardens of Taxxco. Following dinner, we headed to the opening of Alife's store Los Angeles. It's awesome to have them in L.A., for Angelenos need cool street wear too! After checking out the store and sipping on some rum based drinks, we crashed Bootie LA and partied there the rest of the night!



Holiday: My Day, Shared A Bit.

On Labor Day, I slept in and stayed in bed reading until 2 in the afternoon. After finally getting out of bed and shaking off the laziness I went to see Super Bad with S, her date and mine.

I expected it to be funnier. No, not to be funnier since it's actually hilarious, but to flow better. At times, it felt slow. Nevertheless, it's an entertaining film that keeps it real allowing its audience to relate to it in one way or another. To me, it's simplicity made it totally awesome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home