My Life As A Princess

Okay, I'm not really a princess but it's definitely a close call. This blog is a product of love. Everybody should know about the cool things in life and sometimes also about the not-so-cool.

Monday, July 16, 2007

Long Time No See...

This weekend was full of faces I hadn't seen in a long time. It felt like a little reunion of my favorite peeps in awesome places.

Here's a re-count:

Dinner & A Movie

I hadn't seen Val & my dear T in ages and Rachel is here from Boston with her little female entourage; we all decided to meet up and do something girly and animated so we chose dinner and a movie followed by drinks and a photo session. Groovy!

Our first stop was Cinespace in Hollywood where appetizing food and a movie are paired up for your convenience and offered in a very favorable setting. Who wants popcorn and a soda when you can have pan seared filet mignon and a glass of wine? If you stay after the movie you can enjoy the nightclub with a guest Dj playing the hot beats of the moment.

*Sidenote: If you've never been to Cinespace, it's really a must-do, the experience is great and the food is far from average. I've been there several times, ordered something different every time and I've never been disappointed.




The Weirder The Better

After our D&M we headed over to Jimmy's Lounge, a small club hidden on Santa Monica Blvd and El Centro. One of the girls told us they were hosting a little photo event and it turned out to be a lot of fun. PYT sets up a booth-type thing in the patio and a professional photographer takes pictures of the drunk and the sober.

This is not a place for glam. The stranger your taste in everything, the more you'll enjoy it! Get there before 11:30 and you might be able to score $2 vodka drinks!




Not So Grand On The First Try

Granville had been mentioned to me with tales of magnificent cuisine and delectable tastes. So on Saturday, C, My sister and I decided to check it out for lunch and see what all the fuzz was about. Unfortunately, it didn't live up to my expectations. Not horrible but definitely not as great as it was made out to be. I can't put my finger on the oddness of my dislike so, I guess I'm going to give it another try before I make up my mind about it... I'll let you guys know.




Sunday Brunch - Heavenly

This was the highlight of my weekend in regards to food: Square One Dining is simply utopian. I heard their breakfast menu was the main attraction so I didn't even bother looking at the lunch menu. I ordered the smoked salmon poached eggs with roasted potatoes and my *HOT* guy friend had the eggs benedict accompanied by a salad... Upon arrival of our food, all heard was oohs and yums... We finished the party with brioche French toast smothered with a bourbon-pecan topping, vanilla whipped cream and hot syrup... Delectable, precise, tender, crunchy, tasty...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home