My Life As A Princess

Okay, I'm not really a princess but it's definitely a close call. This blog is a product of love. Everybody should know about the cool things in life and sometimes also about the not-so-cool.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

On The Verge of Death

I’ve been all about motion lately. Yoga, cycling, power-walking, dancing and hiking. I was talking about it with a co-worker over my morning coffee and he told me about Brand Park’s hiking trail. I checked it out yesterday.

2 steep miles of wilderness, fresh air and gorgeous vistas. Very steep. Killer steep – 800ft from the base! I started out doing great, halfway through the mountain I thought I might faint and as I finally started to see the top, my legs burned, my vision got blurry and I was so out of breath I thought I was going to die. I made it and the reward was priceless, you can see Los Angeles and the little houses down below, the boulevards and tiny cars, the air felt pure, the breeze energizing.

This was definitely the prettiest and most challenging workout I’ve had in a long time. Will totally do it again.

Side Note: It is recommended that you take a friend. There’s supposed to be mountain lions in the area!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home