My Life As A Princess

Okay, I'm not really a princess but it's definitely a close call. This blog is a product of love. Everybody should know about the cool things in life and sometimes also about the not-so-cool.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Two times two – One here, one there.

First Pair – Seattle's Got Good Seafood

I had a chance to visit the land of the Space Needle twice this year. It's a lovely town; I did the Underground Tour, the Duck Tour, some open market shopping and good eating.

On both visits, very late into the night (or very early morning, depending on your perspective), I ended up at 13 Coins Restaurant, an upscale restaurant, open 24 hours all year, that serves American cuisine. The first time I was there, we sat at the lounge area where a band was playing blues and jazz and I had a fabulous seafood omelet, so full of flavor I ordered it on my second visit too. Perfect!

Another great place was Chinook's at Salmon Bay, it has a beautiful view of the bay, fresh fish, good seasonings, decent prices and I can't even remember what I ate but I know it was good, so if you're ever in Seattle and you like seafood just go and order anything, I'm sure it'll be amazing!



Second Pair – Los Angeles: Freaks & BBQ

First off, I ♥ crazy, freaky people. Oh yeah baby, spank me! Some of the girls and I visited Miss Kitty’s Parlour for their re-opening. I was told it would be wild, cheeky fun and it was.

“When we recently stopped by, the cover charge was collected by a tall, shirtless man wearing a clown nose, a mohawk and the letters "XXX" scribbled on his chest. We knew we were in for a treat. LA's self-proclaimed "sexiest and most shocking dance party," Miss Kitty's Erotic Diskotek and Cabaret does not disappoint. Scantily clad male and female go-go dancers writhe to electro, indie tech and 80s while the packed crowd shows off couture creations like a hedonistic Heidi and a naughty Raggedy Ann. The Grande Dame of the party, Miss Kitty, brings lurid fantasies to life with weekly stage shows that have featured female mud wrestling, kinky circus acts and a surprise striptease by Dita Von Teese. (More private fantasies are indulged behind the velvet curtains of the booths and lounges.) Since opening in 2001, the party is still going strong for both the adventurous and the curious.” —Enid Portuguez (LA.com)

Then we have a BBQ Festival by the Ocean – The people of Drink, Eat, Play, who were responsible for all the fabulousness taking place at the 80’s Prom Party and the Cupcake Challenge took up the task of smothering LA with BBQ sauce. They gathered the best pit masters from all around and served succulent BBQ, beer, yummy sides and entertainment (cover bands with style). Although the lines for food were a bit long, it was well worth my wait and perfect for a Saturday afternoon…Give me more ribs, I want them now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home