My Life As A Princess

Okay, I'm not really a princess but it's definitely a close call. This blog is a product of love. Everybody should know about the cool things in life and sometimes also about the not-so-cool.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

What A Pill To Take!

The amazing Tasp and I went to see "Taking the Jesus Pill" yesterday.

It's a play-meets-rock-show created by Charlie Terrell, directed by Joe Peracchio, produced by Polly Parsons and presented by Amoeba Music. When you have something presented by Amoeba Music, you know it's going to be out of the ordinary. It's a southern, romantic/religious tale with a Goth twist that takes you in, in a savage way and tosses you around in a ruthless manner.

What do I have to say about it? It's fantastic! King-King in Hollywood transforms itself into an almost creepy cabaret, the costumes are vibrant, the band is fabulous (The Mojo Monkeys) and the setting is unique. The script and plot are nothing to be amazed about but it's definitely entertaining. What did I think about it? I wouldn't go see it again but I'm glad I had a chance to see it.

Check it out and tell me what you think!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tasp said...

Yea the play was very entertaining and I am glad you made it. I am sure it will stay in our head for a day or two. I want to become a cabaret dancer now!

T

10:55 AM  
Blogger Princess Me said...

We can become cabaret dancers together!

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home